What added value can technology bring to sport?
Your initial post should read approximately 250 to 350 words in length and include at least one citation from the bibliography of your textbook chapter, with the accompanying reference in APA format. To receive the maximum points, your post should include a reference from the textbook, an article of your choosing, and one of this week’s ancillary readings.
What added value can technology bring to sport? What are the special ethical considerations to examine as a sports psychologist?
- Identify one major point from the textbook that was a new learning point for you
- Retrieve one article/citation from the chapter bibliography that was referenced to make this point
- Apply what you learned from reading this additional article
- Address how reading this additional article built upon this major point from the text
- Discuss contradictory information from the article to the text’s main point
- Follow APA guidelines
- Williams, J. M., & Krane, V. (Eds.). (2021). Applied sports psychology: Personal growth to peak performance (8th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education.
- Chapter 9: Psychological Characteristics of Peak Performance
- Neumann, D. L., Moffitt, R. L., Thomas, P. R., Loveday, K., Watling, D. P., Lombard, C. L., & Tremeer, M. A. (2018). A systematic review of the application of interactive virtual reality to sport. Virtual Reality, 22(3), 183-198.
- Angosto, S., García-Fernández, J., Valantine, I., & Grimaldi-Puyana, M. (2020). The intention to use fitness and physical activity apps: A systematic review. Sustainability, 12(16), 6641.
- Windt, J., MacDonald, K., Taylor, D., Zumbo, B. D., Sporer, B. C., & Martin, D. T. (2020). “To Tech or Not to Tech?” A Critical Decision-Making Framework for Implementing Technology in Sport. Journal of Athletic Training, 55(9), 902-910.