Explain what most excites and/or concerns you about pediatric clinical experiences
- Refer to your FNP Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment Form from your previous assignment in this week and consider your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
Journal Entry (450–500 words):
- Explain what most excites and/or concerns you about pediatric clinical experiences. Include a description of your strengths and weaknesses in terms of working with children and how these strengths and weaknesses might impact your Practicum experience.
- Discuss your personal definition of family and family roles that might impact the assessment of a child and his or her family. Also expand your discussion on the challenges of working with families. Explain how you would handle parents that do not want to vaccinate children.
- Then, explain how culture (both the culture of the provider and that of the child and his or her family) may further influence the assessment.
- Select and explain a nursing theory to guide your practice with pediatric patients.