Red Cross Organizational Culture and Structure in Strategic Planning Case
The purpose of this assignment is to identify aspects of organizational design and culture as they relate to market segments and impact strategic planning.
Throughout the course, you will develop a business plan for a strategic initiative you select. Choose an existing health care organization that you can use as the basis for your analysis and business plan. When selecting the organization, ensure that it meets the following criteria:
- Organization may be for profit, non-profit, or community based.
- Information about the organization, including financial data, should be publicly available to ensure you can complete the required organizational analysis.
Once you have selected the organization, conduct research to learn about the organization. Consider potential barriers with organizational stakeholders, the organizational design and culture, and how these impact change initiatives.
Part 1: Organizational Chart
Review Chapter 19 in the textbook, paying special attention to Figure 19.6 Multi-National Pharmaceutical Company. Using Figure 19.6 as a model, evaluate the organization you have selected. Create an organizational chart by market segment. This can be used to evaluate business processes in relation to the internal value chain and to communicate to organizational stakeholders the way that culture affects strategic planning.
Part 2: Business Memo
Imagine you have been asked to communicate your findings about the organization to stakeholders. In a 500-750 word business memo to stakeholders, address the following.
- Describe the organizational culture.
- Discuss the implications of the culture on strategic planning.
- Explain the difference between operating activities and strategic initiatives.
- Communicate where the value is in the organization based upon the structure.
- Identify areas of opportunity and explain where process changes would be seen or come from.
- Identify potential barriers to strategic planning and explain actions that could be taken to overcome the barriers.
Submit the organizational chart and business memo to the LMS.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.