Environment Surrounding Energy Policy Discussion
II. Respond to one of the following nine writing prompts in a 1-3-page double-spaced essay. Research is highly recommended and appropriate citations should be included. (Up to 16 points)
1. You need to purchase a vehicle.How do you decide type, style, used, mileage, color, etc.?How do you determine how much to spend?What other options are there?
2. Trying to interpret and react to an angry friends needs.The friend has expressed those needs indirectly with lots of emotion, anger, and snide comments.How do you determine whether or not to help?Can you help?
3. Choosing a friend or partner.How do you do that anyway?Is this something that should be left to chance?How does your peer group affect these choices?Are certain attributes forbidden?Necessary?
4. You are a manager at work.Attempting to be as objective as possible when settling a dispute is part of the job.What kinds of disputes might come up?How would you resolve them?What are the relevant factors?
5. Cancer treatment options.Suppose you or your pet (whom you care for deeply) is diagnosed with cancer.Can you trust the diagnoses?What do you do now?Is money a factor?How does death balance with pain?
6. The politics of energy and environment.You are put in charge of the energy needs of the country, state, or maybe just a local business.What do you need to know before you can make a responsible and efficient decision?What energy source would you choose and why?
7. You are a job applicant preparing for an interview.You want the job very much as it is likely to become your career.How do you prepare your resume?The interview?
8. You are a first responder at the scene of an accident or crime.Assume you are not formally trained in medicine or law enforcement.What are your priorities?Should you even have a role?How can your presence help or hinder the situation?
9.The unruly customer. You are in retail at a local business and are confronted by a very irate customer. How should you deal with this individual? Should this even be your problem? Why is the motto that the customer is always right?