Why do you think record numbers of soldiers have been diagnosed with PTSD?
Over the past decade, the United States military has deployed a large number of troops to war-torn countries like Iraq and Afghanistan. There have also been record numbers of soldiers returning from combat duty who have been diagnosed as suffering from posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
In your initial post, address the following:
- Search the internet or the Rasmussen Library to find a news story about PTSD that interests you.
- Provide a hyperlink to the news story, and write a 2-3 sentence summary.
- Answer the following questions regarding PTSD:
- Why do you think record numbers of soldiers have been diagnosed with PTSD?
- Why do you imagine these figures have grown so rapidly over the years?