Organizational Structure & Culture in a Business Discussion
Assignment: Globalizing for Growth
Ultimately, having the ability to understand and contribute to a positive organizational culture is key in todays workforce. Those who can add value in this area will be able to grow, develop, and lead in their organization.
MT302-6: Analyze organizational structure and culture in an organization.
You previewed this Assignment in Unit 9, now is the time to finish up your response and submit it to the Dropbox.
Based on the Reading and Learning Activities regarding leadership, culture, values, and organizational structure, you will apply what you understand to a company trying to unite into a viable structure and culture.
Read the fictional scenario and address the checklist items.
ROBoInc. is a robotics software company with 100 employees located in South Bend, Indiana, in the United States. Until recently, the corporate culture had been established as a rigid culture that excluded families from company celebrations and in which everyone had an explicit job description. The company hires mostly locals, and only directors make any important decisions. The company has had a formal code of ethics but it has not been enforced. As a result, there have been increasing incidents of personnel doing consulting work for other companies outside of work hours. The CEO is concerned that their robotics software could be compromised. Lately, as the companys software has been increasingly sought out by robot-producing companies around the globe, the CEO realizes it is time to reimagine a more diverse, inclusive, and global type company, while adhering to an ethical code of conduct with uniform responses to infringement.
The CEO knows they will soon need to hire at least another 20 sales staff and additional software developers to address this increasing global demand. The CEO wants to restructure the company while keeping company costs down as much as possible.
Help ROBoInc. address the problems by completing the checklist items.
View the companys current organizational structure.
Address the following items in your Assessment submission:
In this assignment you are going to analyzing the company and making recommendations on ethics. Culture, and structure that will help the company in their quest to go global. After reading the scenario and seeing the problem with their ethics and how it is not a strong part of their culture:
Checklist The assignment is divided up in smaller bullet points to make it easier to do
- What characteristics must the company institute to have the employees have a shared ethics culture?
- How will this help the company (think bout the problems they are experiencing now with their ethics)?
- Explain how the ethical culture will be affected by the global context.
- Describe some of the global implications. Use the Competing Values Framework (clan, hierarchy, adhocracy, market) in assessing the situation.
- Analyze their current structure (is it a bureaucracy, simple, matrix, boundaryless, team, virtual) and support your selection
- What seven questions do they need to answer in order to develop the best structure and culture for the company going global?
- Explain the importance of an ethical leadership for making changes in the structure?
- What structure do you think that they need to develop to help them go global and support your selection?
Make sure that your paper is three pages long of your content.
Make sure you have a cover page
Make sure that you use information from the textbook, cite and reference it
Robbins, S. P., & Judge, T. A. (2018). Organizational behavior (18th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc.