Nursing Values And Professional Ethics
What is the importance of values and ethics? Values and ethics set the tone for human behavior. Values and ethics determine how we interact with the world, with those around us, and with ourselves. Values and ethics provide the framework for how we view the world, as well as what we put out into it. Nursing values and professional ethics are no different. These values and ethics determine the code by which we care, communicate, and approach the job of nursing.
So, what role do nursing values and professional ethics play on public health and policy?
For this Discussion, you will consider the role of nursing values and professional ethics on your selected advocacy issue. You will also consider the impact of law, politics, and ethics on the issue.
- Review the resources about nursing values and professional ethics.
- Review your identified population from Weeks 1 and 2.
- Consider the connection to nursing values and professional ethics to your identified advocacy priority.
By Day 3 of Week 3
Post a response detailing the following:
- Describe the nursing values and professional ethics related to the advocacy priority identified for the selected population.
- Why do our nursing values and ethics demand it be on the agenda?
- Compare the role of law, ethics, or politics on the population identified in your Week 2 Advocacy Area Assignment. Consider which area (law, ethics, or politics) has the most impact on the area.