NUR4327 Political Advocacy Presentation
Your nurse executive wants the staff nurses to gain a better understanding of the types of nursing associations and the political advocacy they support. Each nurse manager has been asked to select a professional nursing association and political advocacy they support to research. You will need to research political advocacy from a professional nursing association of your choice and share your findings in a presentation to your staff.
Part One – Selection of Political Advocacy
Visit a professional nursing association website to:
- Locate the political advocacy statements.
- Review the political advocacy statements posted,
- Note the issues being discussed and whether they apply to all nurses or to a nursing specialty issue.
- Select one political advocacy statement for the presentation.
Part Two – Presentation on Political Advocacy
Prepare a presentation and make a recording of your presentation that:
- Identifies the professional nursing association and its constituents.
- Examines the key elements of the political advocacy selected.
- Summarizes concrete steps to advocate for this political advocacy as individual citizens and community partners.
- Illustrates how your peers can support this political advocacy as future nursing professionals.
- Provides stated ideas with professional language and attribution for credible sources with correct APA citation, spelling, and grammar in the presentation.