Leader Development–Personality Traits, Cognitive Abilities And Skills, And Emotional Intelligence:
For this Assignment, you will use the results of the leader assessments( Attached Below) from Week 1 to make inferences about the personality traits, cognitive abilities/skills, and aspects of emotional intelligence that you may need to develop to be successful in the leadership role you identified.
You also will create one SMART goal for developing one specific personality trait, cognitive ability/skill, or aspect of emotional intelligence; identify two learning activities for achieving your goal; and explain how you will assess your achievement of the goal.
To Prepare for this Assignment:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources. Recall how personality traits, cognitive abilities and skills, and emotional intelligence contribute to effective leadership.
- Revisit the results of the leader assessments you completed last week. Identify one personality trait, one cognitive ability or skill, and one aspect of emotional intelligence you need to develop to be successful in the leadership role and organization you identified.
- Pay particular attention to the examples of goals, learning activities, and measurement strategies.
- Read the resource below (LeadershipDevelopmentResourceAid) entitled “SMART Criteria” and the chapter, “How to Set Development Goals.” Consider how to write leader development goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely. Then, write one SMART goal to further develop a specific personality trait, cognitive ability/skill, or aspect of emotional intelligence that you need to develop to be successful in the leadership role and organization.
- Peruse the other resources and identify one on-the-job activity, one mentoring, coaching, or feedback activity, and one classroom-based activity you would engage in to achieve your goal.
- Find an article (peer reviewed) that relates to evaluating Leadership Development Programs.and consider the methods you would use and data you would collect to assess whether you achieved your goal. Be sure to focus on Level 3 (Application and Implication) and 4 (Results or Business Impact) of the evaluation framework that is attached.