International HR Principles
- As an intern, you have been tasked with looking into countries where Southwest can expand. You will need to review human resource management principles from some of the countries listed below to determine if the country is a good fit for the organization.
Countries to include:
- Select a country and be its representative. Provide your newfound expertise of human resource principles for your selected country. Consider information about the following:
- Recruitment practices
- Payment systems
- Labor relations
- Training and support
- Create a 5- to 7-slide presentation for management that features your research and recommendation on where the organization should expand. Include detailed speaker notes pages so any person could present if needed. Include citations in APA format (not included in slide count).
Review the following sources to assist with your presentation:
- Hofstede Insights Country Comparison: Type in “United States” and the desired other country to compare 6 dimensions of culture.
- World Economic Forum Country Economic profiles: Search for a specific country.