The Right Way to Present Your Business Case Executive Summary
The financial department has reviewed your unit’s operating budget and has asked you to submit an executive summary that provides support for your budget proposal. Your challenge is to position your unit favorably within an environment of competing demands for limited funding.
- Outline a strategic plan that ensures profitability and fiscal success.
- Present a plan to meet staff productivity goals, while staying within budget parameters.
- Justify equipment and service costs.
- Analyze department, unit, or project alignment with the organization’s mission and goals.
- Write clearly and concisely, using correct grammar and mechanics.
- Integrate relevant and credible sources of evidence to support your assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.