NSG 486 Malaria in Africa Kenya Region Presentation
Imagine you are a nurse working with Doctors Without Borders to address an emerging global health issue in a specific region of the world. You are preparing to travel to the region to improve an issue or illness.
Remember, this is a public health course in nursing!***
Create a 7- to 10-slide presentation, with detailed speaker notes, analyzing emerging global health issues related to the country or region of the world of your choice. In your presentation:
- Analyze the cause of the issue or illness. Consider:
- Individual issues (e.g., personal cleanliness)
- Community issues (e.g., resources, demographics)
- Family roles and structures (e.g., single-family households)
- Culture (e.g., values, beliefs)
- Environmental issues (e.g., access to technology and health care, geographic concerns)
- Examine the factors that continue to exacerbate the issue or illness. Consider:
- Create an action plan to improve the issue or illness. Consider:
- Relief workers
Cite at least five peer-reviewed references within the last 5-8 years in your presentation, and include a separate APA-formatted reference page.