NR 503 Nursing Dealing with Challenges Discussion
Our social and professional networks often overlap, which is why we don’t always say what we really think. In fact, the anticipation of the upset is far greater than the reality. However, the core values that are expected and appreciated in nurses are responsibility, honesty, integrity, belief in human dignity, patient equality, and the desire to prevent and alleviate suffering. A nurse’s professionalism is judged based on personal behaviors, appearance, presentation, and so on. Nurses are responsible for their own practice and the care that their patients receive. The nurse is responsible for following standards of care in all practice. As the roles of nursing change, nurses are faced with more complex decisions regarding delegation and management of care. The nurse must exercise judgment in accepting responsibilities, and seeking the counsel of others in the course of their duties.
- Think about a time in your nursing practice where you encountered a challenging situation either with a patient or a coworker that caused you to reflect on your core-values.
- Provide a concise description of this challenging experience.
- What core values were challenged in this experience?
- What lessons were learned from this experience?
- How did the experience inform future professional behaviors, decisions, and actions?
- Discusses implications for advanced nursing practice.
- Includes correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, sentence, and paragraph structure.
- If sources are included, APA format for citation and referencing is correctly applied.