Lifespan Development Differences Discussion
- As you’ve learned, we divide the study of lifespan development into three broad categories: conception through childhood, adolescence, and adulthood to death. In this assignment, you will be looking at the first broad category, which is conception through childhood, and applying your research to compare and contrast two of the lifespan theorists. Later in this course, you will have this assignment again but applied to the other broad categories. NOTE: If you have taken this course previously or completed this capstone assignment in another course you can NOT resubmit your original paper. I do not allow recycled papers for this assignment.I will evaluate your sources if the plagiarism report is over 20% for the written content not including references). Be sure to write in your own words and provide in-text citations and references in APA format. Step One:Please choose two theorists from the list below. You may select different theorists or keep these for the subsequent assignments.
- Freud’s psychosexual stage theory
- Erikson’s psychosocial stage theory
- Kohlberg’s moral understanding stage theory
- Piaget’s cognitive development stage theory
- Bronfenbrenner’s ecological systems theory
Step Two:Research your selected theorists. The embedded text in this course will help, and you may also use resources from the approved list of websites given to you in your syllabus:Websites: Here is an approved list of websites that you are allowed to use for research: .edu and .gov may also be used but be aware of student papers
Banned Websites: Please do NOT use the following websites for any research paper or to fulfill the scholarly reference requirement. Points will be deducted if these sources are used. .net or .com should also never be used! These are NOT scholarly resources:
- Simply psychology
- About psychology
- Psychology Today
- Spark Notes
- Cliff Notes
- Paper Generators
Step Three:Use the template to write your paper. Be sure to include the exact headings provided as they clearly distinguish between the sections you discuss! You will need a title page as shown.Other important things to note:
- This assignment is a WORD document that is attached and submitted through safe assign (check the plagiarism tool box before hitting submit). pdf or other document types will NOT be accepted.
- I expect a title page, reference page (at least two more sources in addition to Siegler as this is research oriented), citations within the paragraphs, etc. according to APA format.
- I also expect the headings as given in your template for the paper.
- Except for the initial introduction that asks you to talk briefly about your lifespan related to the stage, the rest of the paper should follow formal language without I, we, you, etc. Avoid contractions – instead of “cant,” use “cannot,” etc.
- Use your own words rather than rely on quotations or copying and pasting or just changing a few words that is considered plagiarism.
- Show me your understanding of the content in simple words.
- You final product should be a 2-3 page paper, not including your title page or reference page.
If you don’t know APA, please rely heavily on this website.