Data And System Integration
ICT705 Data and System Integration – Assignment 2 Page 1 of 10
Data and System Integration
ATMC Semester 3, 2018
ICT705 Data and System Integration – Assignment 2 Page 2 of 10
Assessment and Submission Details Marks: 40% of the Total Assessment for the Course Due Date: 11:59pm Friday, 8th February 2019 (Week 12) Submit your assignment to Blackboard Task 2. Please follow the submission instructions in Blackboard. The assignment will be marked out of a total of 100 marks and forms 40% of the total assessment for the course. ALL assignments will be checked for plagiarism by SafeAssign system provided by Blackboard automatically. Refer to your Course Outline or the Course Web Site for a copy of the “Student Misconduct, Plagiarism and Collusion” guidelines. The assignment will be assessed according to the marking sheet. Late submission will be penalised according to the policy in the course outline. Please note Saturday and Sunday are included in the count of days late. Requests for an extension to an assignment MUST be made to the course coordinator prior to the date of submission and requests made on the day of submission or after the submission date will only be considered in exceptional circumstances. Assignment submission extensions will only be made using the official Faculty of Arts, Business and Law Guidelines.
ICT705 Data and System Integration – Assignment 2 Page 3 of 10
Background: eVoting Technology After evaluating various platforms, the government finally decided to adopt a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) for its future IT infrastructure. They were impressed with your Template based, Reference Architecture approach set out in your Task 1 Report and have accepted your recommendations regarding:
• Computing and storage infrastructure design, • Application / service integration, and • Information integration.
However, they would like to gain a deeper understanding of the technologies behind your recommendation and have asked for a small specific demonstration of these technologies along with a brief explanation of the concepts and principles of how it works. Specifically, they have asked you to provide a demonstration web page in which the user will input a service and a post code. Upon clicking a button, a cluster map of offices, based on the services they offer and location, will be displayed to the user.
ICT705 Data and System Integration – Assignment 2 Page 4 of 10
Assignment Tasks This assignment consists of two deliverables, being: demonstration code 75%, and a report 25%. All code relating to this assignment should be contained within a folder named: Task 2 – Your Name – Student Number, the folder is then to be zipped and uploaded to blackboard. The report must be uploaded separately. Important Note: For ease of demonstration, your code must be self-contained. In addition to using Standards based HTML and Python, PETL, Bottle and Parser are the only additional frameworks you should need. If you use others they must be provided and not require installation.
Demonstration Code To demonstrate your code, you have been provided with four data sources compiled with fictitious sample data. These are:
• “Offices.csv” contains the information about the government offices, • “Office_Locations.xml” contains the location coordinates for each office • “Services.xml” contains a list of government office services • “Office_Services.csv” contains a list of offices and the services they offer
Task 1 – Data integration demo. You are to submit a python script named “Data_Integration.py”. Your script should firstly clean the data then merge it into one CSV file named “Office_Service_Locations.csv”.
Task 1.1 Data Cleansing (10 marks) Clean data in the phone number field from “Offices.csv” to ensure all phone numbers are in the same format: +international code regional code phone number. That is all phone numbers should have the international code for Australia “+61”, followed by a space, followed by the regional code, followed by a space, followed by the first 4 digits of the local phone number, followed by a space, followed by the last 4 digits of the local phone number. For example, the Brisbane office should be formatted to: +61 7 3672 8709 Whilst regional codes do not always adhere to state boundaries, you may apply the following regional codes for each state: NSW = 2 VIC = 3 QLD = 7 SA = 9
ICT705 Data and System Integration – Assignment 2 Page 5 of 10
Task 1.2 Data Merge (15 marks) Merge the data from the four data sources into “Office_Service_Locations.csv” with the following fields (attributes):
• OfficeServicesID – a unique field identifying each record from Office_Services • OfficeID – a foreign key linking to Services from Office_Services • Service – the ServiceName from Services • OfficeID – a foreign key linking to offices and locations • Office – the “Contact Name” from offices • Suburb – the “Suburb” from offices • Phone – the cleaned “Phone Number” data from offices • Email – the “Email” address from offices • Lat from Office_Locations • Lon from Office_Locations
Task 2 – RESTful Web Service Demo You are to submit a python script named “Office_Locator.py”. For tasks 2.1 to 2.2 Your script should build a RESTful web service that supports a ‘getoffices’ query from the client browser similar to “/getoffices?serviceid=x”. The server Web Service will return a JSON table with the following fields (attributes): Office, Suburb, Service, Phone, Email, Lat, Lon. Data is to come from the “Office_Service_Locations.csv” you built in task 1.2. Task 2.1 Return offices for a service (5 marks) The server will return a table of records (tuples) of offices offering the service ID passed to it. Task 2.2 Return all unique offices (5 marks) In the advent of a call to “getoffices?serviceid=0”, the server will return a distinct list of offices offering any service. That is a list of all offices listed once. Task 2.3 List of Services (5 marks) To populate your drop-down list in task 3.1 you will need to return a JSON table of all records from “services.csv” with the following fields (attributes): ServiceID, Service. The server should respond to a “getservices” request. Task 2.4 Error Handling (5 marks) Your code should handle any errors including incorrect requests.
Task 3 Mashup Demo You are to submit a HTML file “office_map.html” and optionally a CSS file named “office_map.css”.
ICT705 Data and System Integration – Assignment 2 Page 6 of 10
Task 3.1 Form Layout (8 marks) You are to create an input form that accepts user input for a particular service. The input for the service should be a drop-down list with the first item of being “Any Service” with a value = 0, remaining items should be created dynamically from a call to getservices from task 2.3. The drop-down list should be accompanied with descriptors and a “Locate Offices” button. Task 3.2 Google Map (10 marks) Clicking the “Locate Offices” button the will trigger a “getoffices” web service to retrieve a table of offices matching the service with attributes described in task 2. From this data you are to display a Google cluster map marking the position of the returned offices. The map should be centred and zoomed to an appropriate level to show all offices in Australia. Task 3.3 Information Window Demographics (5 marks) Upon clicking a marker bubble on the map, the user will be displayed an information window containing: Contact Name, Suburb, Phone Number, and a clickable email address. Task 3.4 Information window email (5 marks) Clicking an email address link in the information window should launch the user’s email application and automatically insert the subject line “Office Enquiry”. Report You are required to write a report explaining the theory underlining the key concepts around the design and implementation of your demonstration system. You are also required to explain how to run your code. Finally, you are to include all code submitted in the appendices to the report, note that the code will not count towards the word count. Your report should follow the following template: Executive Summary Table of Contents Table of Figures (if needed) Table of Tables (if needed) 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Key System Concepts
2.1 Data Matching 2.2 RESTful Web Services 2.3 AJAX
3.0 Demo Running Instructions 4.0 Conclusion Bibliography Appendices
ICT705 Data and System Integration – Assignment 2 Page 7 of 10
ICT705 Data and System Integration – Assignment 2 Page 8 of 10
Report Format Your report should be no less than 800 words and it would be best to be no longer than 1500 words.
The report must be formatted using the following guidelines:
• Paragraph text 12-point Calibri single line spacing • Code Text 12-point Courier new single line spacing • Headings Arial in an appropriate type size • Margins 2.5cm on all sides • Title Page is not to contain headers, footers, or page numbering • Header is to display the Report Title (excluding the title page) • Footer to display your name and the page number (excluding the title page) • Title Page – Must not contain headers or footers. Include your name as the report’s
author. • Page numbering
o Executive summary to the last page of Table of Figures / Table of Tables to use roman numerals (i, ii, iii, iv)
o Introduction and onwards to use conventional numerals (1, 2, 3, 4) starting at page 1 from the introduction
• The report is to be created as a single Microsoft Word document (version 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, or Office 365). No other format is acceptable and doing so will result in the deduction of marks.
• The report must use the built-in features of Microsoft Word to create page numbers, section numbers, citations, cross referencing of sections, figures and tables, table of contents, table of figures, table of tables, and bibliography.
Please follow the conventions detailed in:
Summers, J. & Smith, B., 2014, Communication Skills Handbook, 4th Ed, Wiley, Australia.
Referencing References should follow the Harvard method of referencing. Note that ALL references should be from journal articles, conference papers, technical papers or a recognized expert in the field. DO NOT use Wikipedia as a reference. The use of unqualified references will result in the deduction of marks.
Assignment Return and Release of Grades Assignment grades will be available on the blackboard in two weeks after the submission. An electronic assignment marking sheet will be available at this time. Where an assignment is undergoing investigation for alleged plagiarism or collusion the grade for the assignment and the assignment will be withheld until the investigation has concluded.
ICT705 Data and System Integration – Assignment 2 Page 9 of 10
Assignment Advice This assignment will take several weeks to complete and will require a good understanding of application and information integration technologies for successful completion. It is imperative that students take heed of the following points in relation to doing this assignment:
1. Ensure that you clearly understand the requirements for the assignment – what must be done and what are the deliverables.
2. If you do not understand any of the assignment requirements – Please ASK the course coordinator or your tutor.
3. Each time you work on any aspect of the assignment reread the assignment requirements to ensure that what is required is clearly understood.
4. Prior to submitting your code, you should ensure not only that it executes as required, but also looks professional. It is expected that you adhere to HTML and python standards for naming and indenting. All methods should be adequately documented such that another programmer examining your code will readily know what the code is doing.
Plagiarism and Collusion Advice
1. All work must be submitted through SafeAssign 2. SafeAssign will pick up any similarities between work online as well as work from other
students (in this semester and previous) 3. Please make sure you reference your work properly. If you are using any
material from the internet or any books from the library, you need to cite the work correctly. Failure to do so will result in possible cases of Academic Misconduct.
4. Please do not share your work with other students. Do not give anyone your files to have a look. SafeAssign will pick up collusion, but keep in mind the percentages for Collusion may not report accurately until all student assignments have been submitted. Both the person copying and the person providing will potentially be held accountable.
5. You can submit a draft assignment through SafeAssign before making the actual submission.
6. If you need any advice or are unsure about referencing, please speak with ATMC Administration for assistance.
ICT705 Data and System Integration – Assignment 2 Page 10 of 10
Appendix A Marking Sheet for ATMC ICT705 2018.S1 Assignment 1 Student name: Student ID: Report 25%
Items Maximum Marks Marks
Obtained Report formatting (font, header and footer, table of content, numbering, correct spelling, grammar)
Executive Summary, Introduction & Conclusion 3 Concepts – Data Merging 5 Concepts – RESTful Web Services 5 Concepts – Mashups 5 Demo Running Instructions 4 Total Marks: 25
Code Implementation (75%)
Items Maximum Marks Marks
Obtained 1.1 – data_merger.py – cleaning 10 1.2 – data_merger.py – merging 15 2.1 – office_locator.py – Web service – Offices 5 2.2 – office_locator.py – Web Service – All Offices 5 2.3 – office_locator.py – Web Service – Services 5 2.2 – office_locator.py – input error handling 5 3.1 – office_map.html – form layout 10 3.2 – office_map.html – Google Map 10 3.3 – office_map.html – information window – demographics