Resource Flow Reflection and Discussion
Reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Identify what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- The chapter mentions that one type of resource flow is the loss of key personnel who move to another firm. Assume that the human resources department of your firm has started running ads and billboards for open positions near the office of your top competitor. Your firm is also running Google ads on a keyword search for this same competitor. Is there anything unethical about this activity? Would your view change if this key competitor had just announced a major layoff?
Respond to the post of at least two peers, using 100 words minimum each.
[Your initial post should be based upon the assigned reading for the week, so the textbook should be a source listed in your reference section and cited within the body of the text. Other sources are not required but feel free to use them if they aid in your discussion].
[Your initial post should be at least 450+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced). Post the actual body of your paper in the discussion thread then attach a Word version of the paper for APA review]
[Your post must be substantive and demonstrate insight gained from the course material. A peer response such as I agree with her, or I liked what he said about that is not considered substantive and will not be counted for course credit. A blank post just to review other submissions will not be tolerated]
COURSE: Strategic Thinking, Decision Making, and Innovation
Required Text(s): Rothaermel, F. (2021). Strategic Management. 5th McGraw Hill. ISBN13: 9781260261288
Chapter 4. Internal Analysis: Resources, Capabilities, and Core Competencies
- Explain how shifting from an external to internal analysis of a firm can reveal why and how internal firm differences are the root of competitive advantage.
- Differentiate among a firms core competencies, resources, capabilities, and activities.
- Compare and contrast tangible and intangible resources.
- Evaluate the two critical assumptions about the nature of resources in the resource-based view.
- Apply the VRIO framework to assess the competitive implications of a firms resources.
- Evaluate different conditions that allow a firm to sustain a competitive advantage.
- Outline how dynamic capabilities can enable a firm to sustain a competitive advantage.
- Apply a value chain analysis to understand which of the firms activities in the process of transforming inputs into outputs generate