Nursing Care Plan Paper
Nursing care plan for Case Study, Chapter 51, Assessment and Management of Patients With Diabetes
2. Jerry Thomas is a 26-year-old type 1 diabetic. He was originally diagnosed at the age of 14, and currently manages his disease with an intensive regimen of insulin injections. Jerry is employed as a schoolteacher and soccer coach. He presents today with a 2-day history of vomiting and diarrhea. He has been closely monitoring his blood glucoses and is using regular insulin for high blood glucose levels. He has only been able to tolerate liquids such as Gatorade, but today he is unable to even tolerate that, and comes to the clinic for evaluation of possible diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA). (Learning Objective 9)
Case Study, Chapter 47, Management of Patients With Gastric and Duodenal Disorders
Ms. George is a 32-year-old computer programmer. Over the last several months, she has had increased episodes of a burning sensation in the mid epigastrium and back. The pain subsides after eating. Based on her history, the physician orders an endoscopy that reveals several peptic ulcers. Treatment of the ulcers includes antibiotics, proton pump inhibitors, and bismuth salts. (Learning Objectives 1 and 3)
Case Study, Chapter 57, Management of Patients With Female Reproductive Disorders
June Brite, 35 years of age, is admitted to the medical-surgical unit after a vaginal hysterectomy
with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy for the treatment of uterine cancer. (Learning Objective 7)
Case Study, Chapter 54, Management of Patients With Kidney Disorders
2. Dudley Wayne is a 62-year-old factory worker. Mr. Wayne makes an appointment with his primary care practitioner because he has lost 15 pounds in the last 2 months, and has recently noticed blood in his urine. He denies pain on urination. During the admission assessment, Mr. Wayne states that he is a two-pack-per-day smoker and just thought he was losing weight because of increased work stress. He also states that he worked 30 years in a building that was recently closed due to asbestosis contamination. Upon physical examination, Mr. Wayne complains of pain when the provider percusses and palpates his flank area. A CT scan is ordered along with an ultrasonogram; both reveal a mass in the renal pelvis. (Learning Objective 3)
NURSING CARE PLAN RUBRIC
Include the case study in your document.
Do not write the NCP using a grid format use an essay format/ bullet point using the numbers of this rubric.
All NCP will be graded according to the following rubric.
1) Definition of the medical diagnosis __________10
2) Common signs and symptoms ___________5
3) Potential complications ___________5
4) Head to toe physical assessment you are to write one .use the data in the case if there is none you create it as if this was your patient. NOT a to do list!
5) Diagnostic and lab studies ___________5
6) ALL NANADA Nursing diagnoses __________10
7) Develop 3 NANDA priority nursing diagnoses __________10
8) State a patient plan AND goal for each of the __________10
priority nursing diagnosis
9) Write interventions for each of __________10
priority nursing diagnosis
10) Write scientific rationales for you you ___________5
11) Write evaluation of your interventions __________10
your plan or make changes
12) List of typical medications __________10