Narcissistic Personality Disorder Psychology Case
Based on your review of this weeks required Learning Resources, you have become familiar with the categories of personality disorders in the DSM-5. You now know some of the essential features of the various personality disorders, including those in the odd, dramatic, and anxious clusters. In this weeks Discussion, you will make some connections between this weeks course content and the depictions of this content that you have encountered in a variety of popular media. The goal is to bring to life what you have been reading about this week and connect it to examples in real life.
- Review the Learning Resources that focus on those characteristics that could qualify someone for diagnosis of a personality disorder.
- Choose a character from a work of literature (i.e. play, novel, etc.), movie, or television show who, based on your assessment, would qualify for a personality disorder diagnosis.
Post a response to the following:
- Describe your chosen character in adequate detail so that your classmates get a clear picture of the character you are discussing.
- Identify the personality disorder diagnosis that you think is appropriate for this character.
- Include three clear examples (behavioral examples are especially helpful) of how your nominee manifests the necessary symptoms of the given personality disorder. Be sure to utilize the diagnostic features of the personality disorder selected.
- Comment briefly on possible causal factors, including those mentioned in the work of literature, movie, or television program (you should also cite the textbook or outside sources to support your points regarding causal factors).