Early Childhood Assessment in School and Clinical Child Psychology Discussion
Engaging young children in any activity can present a challenge, but when we are trying to assess their knowledge, skills, or abilities it can be even more difficult. For this reason, it is important for an early childhood educator to have knowledge of age-appropriate assessment tools and approaches. In this assignment, you will focus on developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate assessment techniques and strategies for 3 early childhood age groups.
Create a toolbox that provides strategies to promote learner engagement in early childhood assessment. Your toolbox may be in the form of a Microsoft Word document, a presentation, or another format approved by your instructor.
Visit the Technology Resource Library on College of Education Central to find an appropriate digital tool for this assignment. Your resource will address the following age ranges:
- Infants and Toddlers (ages 1 3)
- Preschool (ages 3 5)
- Primary grades (Kindergarten Grade 2)
Include the following information for each age range in your toolbox:
- The typical behavior and learning characteristics of child in the age range
- Characteristics of developmentally appropriate assessment tools and approaches
- Characteristics of culturally and linguistically appropriate assessment tools and approaches
- 2 3 effective engagement techniques and approaches to be used during assessment