Crucial to The Success of A Business Questions Discussion
1. Present an example where data mining is crucial to the success of a business.What data mining functions does this business need? Can they beperformed alternatively by data query processing or simple statisticalanalysis?
2. Define each of the following data miningfunctionalities: characterization, discrimination, association andcorrelation analysis, classification, prediction, clustering, andevolution analysis. Give examples of each data mining functionality,using a real-life database that you are familiar with.
3. Describe three challenges to data mining regarding data mining methodology and user interaction issues.
4. Discuss issues to consider during data integration.
5. Suppose that the datafor analysis includes the attribute age. The age values for the datatuples are (in increasing order) 13, 15, 16, 16, 19, 20, 20, 21, 22, 22,25, 25, 25, 25, 30, 33, 33, 35, 35, 35, 35, 36, 40, 45, 46, 52, 70.
(a) What is the mean of the data? What is themedian?
(b) What is the mode of the data? Comment on the data’s modality (i.e., bimodal, trimodal, etc.).
(c) What is the midrange of the data?
(d) Can you find (roughly) the first quartile (Q1) and the third quartile (Q3) of the data?
(e) Give the five-number summary of the data.
(f) Show a boxplot of the data.
(g) How is a quantile-quantile plot different from a quantile plot?
Each question 200-250 words (Total 1000 – 1250 words). No Plagarisim please and 1 APA references each and total 5