Businesses Respond to the Movement for School Safety
Read the Case “Businesses Respond to the Movement for School Safety” at the end of Chapter 2 and response to the following:
- What was the public issue facing the companies in this case?
- Describethe “performance–expectations gap” found in the case. What were thestakeholders’ (community and school students) expectations, and how didthey differ from businesses’ performance?
- Ifyou applied the strategic radar screens model to this case, which ofthe eight environments would be most significant, and why?
- Apply the issue management process to this case. Which stages of the process can you identify?
- In your opinion, did businesses respond appropriately to this issue? Why or why not?
- Ifyou had been a manager of one of the airlines or banks discussed in thecase, what would you have decided to do (or not do) in the face ofemerging public concern about gun violence in schools?