Business Leadership and Ethics Considerations
My plan is to establish my own recording studio
As we’ve seen, business structures, sectors, and leadership approaches have changed dramatically throughout the evolution of the music industry. The history of the industry contains countless lessons that we can learn from and apply toward our goals.
For this week’s assignment, I want you to start thinking more about your team—the people that you are going to be working closely with to realize your career plans and vision.
- Please restate your plan.
- In terms of priority, please identify four different team members that can help you in reaching your career goals and objectives.
- Describe your thoughts and ideas on approaching the decision-making process. How are you going to approach the issue of decision making with these different team members (including their specializations) and industry areas? How do you plan to help and/or incentivize your team members to “take ownership” of their roles and responsibilities?
- How can you address the issue of establishing and reinforcing leadership “credibility” with your collaborators and team members? Furthermore, how do you plan to instill the ever important values of trustworthiness and reliability?
- Identify three (3) ways in which you can foster collaboration, morale, and shared vision in your organization and/or among your team members.