Importance Of Music In Early Childhood Education
· Introduction of the general importance of music in Early Childhood Education—you will need to cite this information—this is where you’ll use 2 or 3 references to cite the value.
· Age group focus is 3-4
· Why each song was chosen: Give an explanation of why each song was chosen, based on research and early childhood development. Each point can be bulleted but be sure you have detailed information that addresses the point. Include the following for each song: 12 points
· General Information: Song title, artist, the CD it’s affiliated with (if any) and how to obtain the song (i.e. iTunes, a CD or YouTube with link).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbeukdUeMiY&t=261s skip to 2:50 , goodbye goodbye everyone song
· Music Category: Note which category the song is in (i.e. From the “Music Categories: Organizing Classroom Music” handout in the General Resources Module. These include greetings, community connection, social skills, transitions, instruments, books with music, etc.
· Curriculum/ academic area addressed: Include the value and importance of each song for young children as well as which of the curriculum content areas that the song is affecting in children. Content areas include gross/ fine motor skills, math, language, science, etc.) . See PowerPoints, the textbook and course articles can for helpful information.
· Special Needs Accommodation (only one special needs song needed): If you have adapted it for someone with special needs, explain how
· A summer lesson plan for children aged 3 to 4. It could be anything related to summer, such as the ocean. explain what the children will be learning and what activities they can undertake in class.