Advertising Messages and Marketing Communications
Chapter 11 – Advertising Messages and Marketing Communications
- Understand what advertising is, its importance, and its goals.
- Distinguish between the various types of advertising formats.
- Understand the various ways to determine advertising effectiveness.
Chapter 12 – Integrated Marketing Communications and Media Choices
- Understand the key issues associated with the three media decisions.
- Acquire an appreciation of the strengths and weaknesses of each advertising medium.
- Know the various non-advertising components of integrated marketing communication.
- Understand the evaluation of the advertising media’s effectiveness.
Chapter 13 – Social Media
- Understand social media.
- Understand social networks.
- Understand the return on investment, key performance indicators, and Web analytics associated with social media.
Section: 2(500 words in APA format) Market Management
Reflection and Discussion Forum Week 5
Reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Identify what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- Imagine you were designing an ad for a (choose one): car, laptop, health clinic. What would your ad look like if you were targeting: a) old people, b) kids, c) super rich people, d) What celebrity would you have endorse your brand? Why?
- Create a press kit that will be sent to customers and the media announcing a new product launch.
- Have you ever recommended a particular product to a friend or bought a product based on a recommendation from a friend. Would you be more likely to buy a product based on word-of-mouth or advertising? Why?
Section: 3 (500 words in APA format) Market Management