1. (5 points) Imagine you have just been hired as a public relations practitioner for McDonalds restaurants in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and in Mexico. In the space below, list as many publics as you can think of with whom you would need to be aware of in order to be effective in your job; consider publics in all three locations. After listing each public, explain why that public should be considered. In order to receive full credit for this question, you should list and explain a minimum of eight different publics.
2. List the three of the five key elements of public relations. No need to describe/define, simply list them (3 pts).
3. Name three settings where public relations practitioners would be employed. Then list tasks/duties that would likely be expected of the public relations practitioner in each of the three settings (6 pts).
4. Public relations practitioners are responsible for various codes of ethics. List three different codes, and then briefly describe each code (6 pts).
5. (8 points) One of the topics covered in Chapter 1 is crisis communication. Four things are outlined as basic causes of a business crisis. In the space below, please list the four basic causes of a business crisis; provide an explanation/definition for each, and provide a real-life example of each.
6. (4 points) Name four key audiences who would likely be affected by a crisis and provide a real-life example of each:
7. (6 points) The topic of social responsibility was addressed in the textbook as well as in class lectures. Provide three examples of when a company acted in a socially responsible manner. Then provide three examples of when a company acted in a way that was not socially responsible. You can use class examples, textbook examples, or do your own research to come up with examples.
8. (2 points) Which gender currently dominates jobs in public relations and why?
9. (6 points) In the space below, provide three examples of situations when companies acted in an ethical way, knowing the result of this ethical behavior could potentially have a negative impact on sales. Use real-life examples, not hypothetical ones. Next, provide three examples of times when companies acted in unethical ways due and explain each briefly.
10. In the space below, please provide a general overview of a presentation other than your own. Provide the name of the product and then to the best of your knowledge, answer “who, what, why, where, when.” (4 pts).