Centralized versus Decentralized Database Management Systems
Identify a business that has between 5 and 25 locations. Please respond to the following in not more than 250 words:
- · Evaluate whether this business should adopt a centralized or distributed DBMS.
- · If you selected a centralized system, explain how you would manage performance and failure issues.
- · If you selected a distributed system, explain how you would achieve transaction transparency.
Week 8 Discussion 2
Business Intelligence Tools
Please respond to the following in not more than 200 words:
- · Identify a commercially available or open-source business intelligence tool and the type of business performance information it provides. Do not repeat an example that has been posted by another student.
- · Explain how this tool addresses the challenges of Big Data.
- · Estimate whether the likely value of the tool outweighs its costs to an organization of your choice.