Discuss the ethical considerations for the global organization
Faculty of Business Studies
B207B- Shaping Business Opportunities II
Second semester 2020-2021- Tutor Marked Assessment
II. TMA Topic and requirements
The global trade environment and the dynamics of competition among organizations are the most important topics for understanding and practicing management in today’s markets. The focus of this TMA is to select an example of a successful global organization/brand and discuss the factors that had led to its success along with the challenges that it faces in operating globally.
1. Essay Paper (100 marks out of 100) (1500 words)
Your answer should be in the form of an essay. The essay should be well organized, that is, it has an introduction (5 marks), body (90 marks) and conclusion (5 marks). The introduction should introduce the topic.
I choose NIKE Company for this Homework.
In the body paragraphs, the following points should be discussed:
1. Briefly describe NIKE company and its products and activities. (10 marks)
2. What does it mean to be a global organization? Why is your chosen organization global? Link to the theories discussed in the course material. (10 marks)
3. There are many factors that could trigger an organization to expand across international boundaries. Discuss these factors and link your discussion to your chosen organization. (20 marks)
4. Discuss the main success factors of the global brand. What is its marketing strategy, competitors and competitive advantage? (10 marks)
5. Discuss the concept of globalization vs. customization and the measures taken by the global brand to recognize that offerings and communication should be adapted to local preferences and conditions. Support your answer with solid examples and Link to the theories discussed in the course material. (20 marks)
6. Discuss the ethical considerations for the global organization. Support your answer with solid examples and Link to the theories discussed in the course material. (10 marks)
7. Discuss the organization’s future plans, expansions and diversification. (10 marks)
Instructions for students:
· Students papers are expected to meet the following criteria:
· Plagiarism: It’s imperative that team members write the TMA using their own words. Plagiarism will be penalized depending on its severity and according to AOU plagiarism policy.
· Format: team members are expected to write their answer in an essay format: introduction, body paragraph(s) and a conclusion. Failing to do so could result in the deduction of up to 4 marks from the total TMA paper mark.
· Word count: TMAs are expected to be within the specified word count. A 10% deviation from word count limit is acceptable. Not adhering to specified word count could result in the deduction of up to 4 marks of the total TMA paper mark.
· Referencing: team members are expected to use the Harvard referencing style for in-text referencing and list of reference at the end. Failing to do so could result in the deduction of up to 4 marks of the total TMA paper mark.
B207B – TMA – Second 2020-2021 Page 1